5.07.2013

House Update: Six Months Later


It's been a crazy couple of months. Don't worry I'm not going to try to recap everything that has happened since February. But I am going to provide an update on our house. Mainly for myself, so I can document our progress {or lack of}. 

So what have we been up to in the first six months in our house?

Spoiler: we haven't really done anything other than change some paint and make some furniture/appliance purchases.

So here's the before and the after. Obviously, the first photos were taken by a professional {I borrowed them from our realtor} and the second photo was taken by my iPhone. 

Living Room

My sister and I spent a week painting the trim and wall color a lighter color. It basically looks the same.
I promise we have a TV. I just forgot to take a picture of it. I'm too lazy to go back and take one now.
 Dining Room
I started my painting expedition in the dining room. It looks basically the same...

Brandon made our table. I've written a post about it but never published it. Yes, the chairs have crushed velvet seats.
Master Bedroom

You'll find we don't have window treatments in the house. I have commitment issues .
Guest Bedroom
We painted the blue in the first week.
I'm in the process of painting all the trim and doors in the house. I hate myself.
 Bathroom
Yes, it's still pink.
Office- see more on my office updates here.
There's a futon on the other wall. Again, too lazy to take picture.
Kitchen- I did an entire post on this.


 Backyard
I want a new garage with automatic doors. That is all.
We did add a garden in the backyard.
And hung the sign my Dad made from our wedding.
And cleaned up the front flower beds.

So thoughts after living in our house six months? Everything takes longer and costs more than I ever imagined. Our list of "quick fixes" basically hasn't exactly happened and it's even more evident now that I need curtains. Or something on our walls. Or an interior decorator. 

More at a later date. Probably months from now.

Kelly

3 comments:

  1. When we moved into our new house I asked my brother in law, who owns dozens of student apartments and is CONSTANTLY painting, how long it takes to paint a room. "45 minutes!" he tells me. So I legit thought we would be able to paint our living room, dining room, kitchen, and master bedroom in a day. What a fool. Everything takes forever and costs a million dollars but it's worth it. Your house looks lovely! The dining room table is awesome and I can only imagine how much fun it was to paint all that trim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to you guys for knocking out that trim painting! You're my hero. And sister I hear you on the cost of everything. Pretty much plan on $1000 so when a quote comes in at $700 you can trick yourself into thinking it's cheap. Sadly, this doesn't work when it's obviously over $1000 which 90% of home improvement projects seem to be.

    Your house looks darling-so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy the article post.Much thanks again. Will read on…

    ReplyDelete